first_imgPortuguese pay TV operator Nos is to add to its catalogue of Ultra HD content by airing 4K UHD coverage of a tribute concert to ‘30s and ‘40s movie star Carmen Miranda featuring the Real Combo Lisbonsense today at 22:00 local time.Saudade de Você – às voltas com Carmen Miranda em Várzea de Ovelha, a concert from her home town of Várzea de Ovelha to mark the 60th anniversary of the death of the star of movies including Down Argentine Way and The Gang’s All Here, will be broadcast in 4K to Nos cable and fibre customers and via the Hispasat satellite position.last_img read more

first_imgUkrainian broadcaster 1+1 Media Group is to use capacity on SES’s satellite at 5 degrees East to broadcast eight channels.Under a long-term agreement between the pair, 1+1 will lease of one transponder on the Astra 4A satellite positioned at 5 degrees East.The capacity contracted by 1+1 Media will enable the group to host all of its eight channels on SES’s satellite. Seven of its DTH channels serve the Ukrainian market: 1+1, 2+2, TET, PlusPlus, Bigudi, Unian TV and Kvartal TV.The other channel of the group, 1+1 International, is targeted at the Ukrainian diaspora in Europe, and is an international version of the 1+1 channel.1+1 Media Group recentlystruck a deal to add the latter channel to a new OTT service aimed at expatriate and ethno-linguistic groups launched by Cisco in partnership with Sky.“1+1 Media Group is one of Ukraine’s major players in the market. We have already been hosting some of the group’s TV channels. This new agreement brings our long-standing relationship to a new level, and we are very much looking forward to delivering all of 1+1 Media Group’s channels to both Ukrainian and international audiences,” said Ferdinand Kayser, chief commercial officer of SES.“We have been relying on SES’s services over the past several years, and we are very pleased that our collaboration is expanding. SES has extensive experience in the Ukrainian market, and a proven track record in delivering top quality services. We are confident in SES as a partner in bringing our channels to our audiences in Ukraine and abroad,” said Yaroslav Pakholchuk, chief operational officer of 1+1 Media Group.last_img read more

first_imgIt states that police have submitted a file on an additional suspect who has been reported to the PPS by the PSNI.The letter says: “The suspect is not a soldier and is not alleged to have shot any civilian. The file relates to alleged Official IRA activity on Bloody Sunday.”In 1969, the IRA split into the Official IRA and the Provisional IRA.The Bloody Sunday Inquiry, led by English judge Lord Saville, was the longest and most expensive in UK history.During the inquiry, former members of the Official IRA – giving evidence anonymously – said the organisation had shot at soldiers very early on in retaliation for the shooting of two of the protesters.They denied that the organisation had fired first on Bloody Sunday.The letter from the PPS reveals that the republican suspect under consideration, will be subject to the same test for prosecution as the soldiers.It also states that they understand that the police are preparing another file on a second person over the activities of the Official IRA, and that file will be based on statements due to be made by some people who have previously not given statements to the PSNI.The PPS is also examining eight further files on Bloody Sunday but adds that the file on the Official IRA suspect is brief and should not take a great deal of time to consider.But, overall, the introduction of the new material will mean that they will not be able to move towards a decision for another six months.A spokesperson for the PPS told BBC Radio Foyle that they have provided regular updates to all the families over the Bloody Sunday case and the PSNI, in the last year, provided about 35 files of material.The PPS added that its focus is on completing examination of those files and all relevant legal issues.It confirmed that one further suspect has been added and another report is expected. But, they don’t believe this will add significantly to the timescale for their decision.The Ministry of Defence said that due to ongoing legal proceedings it was inappropriate to comment.The PSNI confirmed it had sent a number of files to the PPS.OFFICIAL IRA MEN MAY FACE PROSECUTION OVER BLOODY SUNDAY was last modified: September 29th, 2017 by John2John2 Tags: THE Public Prosecution Service is considering bringing charges against former members of the Official IRA for their role in the events of Bloody Sunday.The PSNI has forwarded a file to the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) on one former IRA member and is understood to be preparing a file on a second.Thirteen people were shot dead when the Army’s Parachute Regiment opened fire on civil rights demonstrators in 1972. ShareTweet LORD SAVILLEOFFICIAL IRA MEN MAY FACE PROSECUTION OVER BLOODY SUNDAYPPSPSNI Another died of his injuries some months later.The details have emerged in a letter sent by the PPS to relatives of Bloody Sunday victims on 19 September.It outlines why it will take at least another six months to come to a decision on whether or not to bring possible charges, including murder against former members of the British Parachute Regiment.But the possibility of prosecutions against republicans for their activity on the day has also been raised.last_img read more