Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York She said “yes” to the dress—10 times.Liana Barrientos, 38, of Manhattan, has been charged with filing a false marriage license, a felony, after marrying 10 men over the course of 11 years without ever filing for divorce from any of the grooms, Bronx prosecutors said.The Bronx District Attorney’s office said Barrientos also married two men on Long Island in 2002—in Hempstead and Huntington.According to a criminal complaint, 2002 was a particularly busy year for the alleged serial bride. During that year, she filed six different marriage licenses in her name, prosecutors said.Authorities uncovered the alleged wedding spree after scrutinizing a March 2010 marriage license filed in the Bronx County Clerk’s office that stated Barrientos had never been married before, according to the criminal complaint.Investigators found a marriage license dating back to Nov. 5, 1999. The license was filed in Eastchester.Since then, licenses were allegedly filed in Rye, Yonkers, Greenburgh, Mamaroneck and White Plains.The Hempstead marriage took place on Valentine’s Day in 2002. Exactly one month later another license was filed under her name in Huntington, authorities said.Barrientos, who was originally arrested last November, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday at Bronx Supreme Court.
Press Association Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini accepts the club’s owners are not happy with the champions’ faltering Barclays Premier League title defence. The Italian went on: “After you lose you can’t be happy for 24 hours but after that you need to think about the future. We have a good relationship. At this moment they aren’t happy because when you lose you can’t be happy but I think they are happy with our job over the three years.” Mancini reacted angrily to his side’s performance at Southampton and was heavily critical of the players. He now expects a reaction as Leeds visit. He said: “I think that the players know they didn’t do their job at Southampton and sometimes it is important they take the responsibility. I think that we have some players that can do better than this year but I am sure I have a good team and at the end of it we will win something. “It will be different because it’s the FA Cup but it won’t change for us because results are always important and there is always pressure. The players will respond, I’m sure about this.” As for the title race, Mancini claims it is not in his nature to concede defeat. He believes that if the deficit can be cut before City travel to Old Trafford on April 8, further league success remains possible. Mancini said: “I think that is a difficult moment because we lost seven points in three games but in football sometimes it is strange. When you think it is finished, three or four games can change everything. While we have the points available to win, we should believe in ourselves. “We play the derby in April and from now until then we have six games and we need to look at what happens in the next six games. If we reduce the gap before the derby… but it’s not important to look at the table. It’s important to win, win, win.” But the Italian does not fear for his job and expects his players to respond to last weekend’s damaging loss at Southampton and keep fighting to retain the crown. Rivals Manchester United now lead City by 12 points at the top of the table and, with just 12 games remaining, the FA Cup appears to be Mancini’s most realistic route to silverware. But Mancini, who regularly speaks to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, feels he and the club’s hierarchy are looking forward confidently. The 48-year-old said: “I speak with Khaldoon every week. He is like me. When we lose he has my mentality, he is upset and disappointed but this is normal and it’s correct in football.”
By Peter HallLONDON (Reuters) – Eliud Kipchoge ran the second fastest marathon time ever to clinch his fourth London Marathon title on Sunday, ahead of Britain’s Mo Farah who struggled in fifth, while Kenya’s Brigid Kosgei impressed to win the women’s race.Kenya’s Kipchoge made it an incredible 11 marathon wins from 12 races, leading from start to finish to come home in a time of two hours, two minutes and 37 seconds — 58 seconds off his own world record set last year in Berlin.The women’s race got off to a slow start, but reigning champion Vivian Cheruiyot ran a fast 15th mile, before Chicago Marathon champion Kosgei took the lead and strode to her first London title with a time of 02:18:20.Kipchoge was expected to be challenged by Farah, but having kept up with the imperious Kenyan early on, Farah struggled in the latter stages.He finished over three minutes behind the winner, who is regarded by many as the greatest athlete of all time.“It feels strange to be considered the most successful elite man in racing, it’s really good and I’m very, very happy to have won four times,” Kipchoge said.“I know how to win this race and I was confident and didn’t feel it was in doubt at any point.”Farah’s pre-race preparations were marked by a dispute with fellow distance-running great Haile Gebrselassie.However, the multi-Olympic, world and European champion over 10,000 and 5,000 metres said the dispute did not act as a distraction ahead of his third London Marathon.“I didn’t think the fuss affected my run and I wasn’t distracted by the build up,” Farah said. “It was all about London today and so I put my head down, did my best.“I don’t regret anything I said and I respect the race.”In the women’s race, three-times winner Mary Keitany was the favourite with the field going for the women’s only record — without the aid of male pacemakers — set by Keitany in London in 2017.Keitany, however, never troubled Chicago Marathon champion Kosgei and last year’s winner Cheruiyot out in front, finishing down in fifth, 2:38 slower than Kosgei.Kosgei broke clear of Cheruiyot to win having ran the fastest second half of a marathon ever.“To smash my personal best is all I could to ask for,” Kosgei said. “I always get tempted to go with the leaders, but now I run better in the second half so I held back and that worked for me.”
UPDATED: Aug. 28, 2017 at 2:38 p.m.Forward Taurean Thompson has reportedly withdrawn from Syracuse and “likely won’t be back,” according to Donna Ditota of Syracuse.com.“We have been informed that Taurean is taking a leave of absence from Syracuse University,” SU head coach Jim Boeheim said in a statement to Syracuse.com. “My understanding is he wants to go to school closer to home due to some family health issues.”Summer-long rumors speculated something like this would happen, Ditota reported. She wrote that Thompson did not attend summer classes, “unusual though not unprecedented.” That Thompson was rumored to maybe transfer from SU or pursue a professional career. That Thompson has not responded to messages and invitations from teammates over the summer.Thompson’s two high school coaches, Bob Hurley at St. Anthony (New Jersey) High School and Jason Smith at Brewster (New Hampshire) Academy, both told The Daily Orange that they had not heard from him in months.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThompson attended a closing ceremony for St. Anthony in May, Hurley said, and at that time everything seemed “normal. School and everything seemed good.” Jessica Sheldon | Staff PhotographerLast season, Thompson averaged 9.2 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. He shot 54.6 percent from the field while playing 17.9 minutes per game. He scored well, but struggled with foul trouble and learning the Orange’s 2-3 zone defense. Thompson rotated in at center.Now, at that position, Syracuse has only Paschal Chukwu, the 7-foot-2 Providence, Rhode Island transfer who missed most of last season after eye surgery, and Bourama Sidibe, an incoming freshman. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on August 28, 2017 at 1:40 pm Contact Sam: email@example.com | @Sam4TR