Russian company, Sovcomflot, has withdrawn redelivery notice for Vyacheslav Tikhonov seismic vessel with Polarcus. The vessel, originally named Polarcus Selma, has been on a long-term charter with Sovcomflot since delivery from the yard in 2011. The Vyacheslav Tikhonov is a high ice class 8 streamer vessel suited for 3D XArray exploration requiring cable separations of 160 to 200 meters. It was built to the Ulstein SX133 design and incorporated the Ulstein X-Bow hull. Polarcus will not receive charter hire from 31 May 2020 until startup of a new project anticipated to start in Q3 2020. In December of last year the companies agreed to postpone the redelivery of the vessel until the completion of work which Sovcomflot secured in Asia. The redelivery was expected in Q2 2020, but Sovcomflot decided to withdraw notice of redelivery in light of further project opportunities, after it completed the project in Asia. Redelivery of the vessel is now expected to be following completion of the new project, or alternatively, on short notice if no project is awarded for the vessel in the summer season, the company noted.
NZ Herald 17 Jan 2012Complaints about noise and disorder from street prostitutes, their associates and clients have seen police swoop in to arrest 14 people in Christchurch. Police said the weekend operation on Manchester St was a response to residents concerns about disorder in an area used by sex workers. Acting Central Area commander Inspector Al Stewart said most of the people arrested had outstanding warrants, while some were charged over behavioural offences or dishonesty. He said the operation was about combating disorderly behaviour rather than cracking down on prostitution.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10779282
PMA Superintendent Lieutenant Genenral Ronnie Evangelista MANILA – The head of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) has quit from his post following the suspected hazing death of Cadet 4th Class Darwin Dormitorio last week. “In the military tradition of command responsibility, it is now the proper time for me, as the head of this institution, together with the commandant of the Corps of Cadets to relinquish our respective positions,” Evangelista said. “We welcome this development as a right step towards upholding the integrity of the PMA as the country’s premier military institution and recognize the same as a form of genuine delicadeza on the part of Lieutenant General Evangelista,” Panelo said in a statement. “I did not leave my post in the midst of crisis. I faced the problems squarely and we have finished the investigation. As I resign from my post, it is now up to the proper authority to decide on the finality of the case. That for me is the definition of command responsibility,” he added. PMA Superintendent Lieutenant Genenral Ronnie Evangelista on Tuesday announced his resignation, a day after saying that only President Rodrigo Duterte can order him to quit. Aside from Evangelista, also resigning is the commandant of the Corps of Cadets Brigadier General Bartolome Vicente Bacarro. While he awaits orders for his replacement, Evangelista will prepare the separation papers of four senior cadets allegedly responsible for beating up Dormitorio. Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo, who earlier asked for Evangelista’s resignation, has commended the latter for his move, which was a “right step” to preserving the integrity of the state’s premier military school. Dormitorio died on Sept. 18 from cardiac arrest secondary to internal injuries due to supposed hazing within the campus. Two other cadets were rushed in different hospital after complaining for abdominal pain. The Palace spokesperson has also assured Dormitorio’s family that there will be “no whitewash” in the ongoing investigation./PN