Blogs

Ex-Liverpool player quarantined after hugging Coronavirus patient

first_img Kahlenberg, who played 47 matches for Denmark between 2003 and 2014 and also played for clubs Auxerre and VfL Wolfsburg before retiring in 2017, tested positive on Thursday and has been in quarantine, Brondby said in a statement. The statement said Kahlenberg, who played for Denmark at the 2010 World Cup, was infected during a visit to Amsterdam. Brondby said 13 employees had been put in isolation, including the general manager Ole Palma, defender Joel Kabongo and assistant coach Martin Retov. Lyngby said three players, who were in physical contact with Kahlenberg on Sunday, had been put in isolation. Both teams have league games this weekend. The Danish FA said that all matches will go ahead as planned this coming weekend, but that it is monitoring the situation. read also: ​Coronavirus: Premier League and EFL ban pre-match handshakes The clubs said they are working with the Danish Patient Authority to track down players, fans and members of staff who were in contact with Kahlenberg during Sunday’s match. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Ajax have told assistant coach Christian Poulsen and two other members of training staff to stay away from the club because of fears they might be infected with the coronavirus. Poulsen won’t be on Ajax’s bench this weekend The trio must stay at home until next Friday after Poulsen came in contact with former Danish international Thomas Kahlenberg, who has since been diagnosed with the virus. Kahlenberg was celebrating Poulsen’s 40th birthday in the Netherlands last Sunday. The other two are exercise physiologist Alessandro Schoenmaker and an unnamed physiotherapist who were also at the party. “They have no symptoms and if it stays that way they will return to work next week,” an Ajax spokesman told Dutch media. Poulsen, the former Juventus and Liverpool midfielder, will not be able to take his place on the bench alongside coach Erik ten Hag when Ajax travel to Heerenveen at the weekend. Players from Danish Super League clubs Brondby and Lyngby are in isolation after they met and hugged Kahlenberg, who has since tested positive for coronavirus, at a match last weekend. Loading… center_img Promoted Content10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest PocketEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MorePretty Awesome Shows That Just Got Canceled7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better8 Addictive And Fun Coffee FactsBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?last_img read more

David Ortiz’s condition upgraded to ‘good;’ prosecutors set to reveal motive, plot behind shooting

first_img“We remain grateful to everyone who has helped David through this ordeal, both in the Dominican Republic and here in Boston. David’s journey to good health has been bolstered by the many expressions of love that have come to us from across the globe. Your support has lifted his spirits tremendously during this challenging time.”The #RedSox today issued the following statement on behalf of Tiffany Ortiz: pic.twitter.com/WRTQJD9KLq— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) June 18, 2019The retired Red Sox star had been listed in “guarded” condition in recent days. He underwent surgery in the Dominican Republic following the shooting, and doctors removed his gallbladder and part of his intestines. He was then transported to Boston. David Ortiz’s condition has been upgraded to “good,” his wife Tiffany reported Wednesday, nine days after he was shot in his native Dominican Republic.“This morning, David’s condition was upgraded to ‘good’ by his doctors and he continues to make progress with his recovery in the intensive care unit at Massachusetts General Hospital,” Tiffany Ortiz said in a statement released by the Red Sox. The 43-year-old Ortiz was at a Santo Domingo bar the night of June 9 when a suspect shot him at close range. Thus far, 11 people have been taken into custody in connection with the shooting. Boston’s WCVB TV reports that prosecutors are expected to reveal the motive and plot behind the shooting Wednesday.Ortiz, affectionately known as “Big Papi,” was a 10-time All-Star who led the Red Sox to three World Series titles.last_img read more