Last week, Tom van der Spek, director of old-age provision at Syntrus, said the company would now focus on corporate and occupational pension funds, as well as on the new general pension fund (APF) of insurer Centraal Beheer, which is part of Achmea Group.Shell and Syntrus have been co-operating since 1 July 2013, when the oil company closed its defined benefit scheme SSPF to new entrants, who had to start saving in a new defined contribution scheme, SNPS.Since then, Syntrus has managed pensions administration for SNPS, while SSPF kept its own pensions bureau SPN as its provider.Janwillem Bouma, director of both schemes, said Syntrus would also deliver bespoke pension management for SSPF’s participants against low costs.He added that pensions communication “had to comply with the most recent digital standards”.Van der Spek said Shell’s choice had reinforced Syntrus’s position as a “market leader for company pension funds”.In other news, Hibin, the €761m sector scheme for the building materials industry, which is to leave Syntrus, has said it will start carrying out its pensions administration in-house.According to Gijs Alferink, the scheme’s chairman, the new arrangement will allow Hibin to save €400,000 in costs and VAT annually.He said the decision to leave Syntrus had been taken last summer due to a desire to cut costs, as well as growing dissatisfaction with the service provided. Hibin has 13,200 participants and pensioners affiliated with 850 employers. Shell’s closed €26bn pension fund in the Netherlands (SSPF) is to outsource pensions administration for its 40,000 participants to Syntrus Achmea Pensioenbeheer.The new contract, effective from 1 January 2018, will also include all communication with participants.The announcement comes soon after Syntrus disclosed that it would stop providing services to industry-wide pension funds, as its new IT system struggled to cope with their disparate arrangements.At present, industry-wide schemes account for about two-thirds of Syntrus’s business.
The incident marked one of YouTube’s earliest viral moments, with an array of low-definition postings receiving millions of combined views. It received national attention and appeared on ESPN’s SportsCenter later that week.MORE: Watch ‘ChangeUp,’ a new MLB live whiparound show on DAZNCastillo never pitched another inning in the U.S. and returned to the Dominican Republic when his work visa was revoked. He was 20 at the time and did not know how to read or write, according to the Dayton Daily News.Castillo said he intended his throw to keep the Dayton bench from charging the field, though it had the opposite effect.“I threw the ball in front of the dugout, because I was nervous and I was frightened,” Castillo told the News through an interpreter. “I didn’t throw it to hit anyone.” In all, 15 players were ejected from the ensuing fracas. Almost everyone was asked to return to the field, however, so each team could finish the game. Two notable future MLB players were among those initially dismissed: Devin Mesoraco and Brandon Guyer.Additionally, current Angels infielder Zack Cosart, then with Dayton, was hit by a pitch in the first inning and left due to injury. His beaning is what escalated tension in the first frame. A hard slide a couple of plays later — and a baseball flying toward the dugout — put emotions over the top.As for the broken leg? It came between Cosart’s hit-by-pitch and the brawl when Peoria teammates collided trying to cover second base, sending infielder Gian Guzman off on a stretcher. Guzman would never play in the field again. He spent one season as a pitcher before finishing his U.S. professional career at 20 years old. The broken leg was not what resulted in the felony assault charge. It was not the multiple cranium-seeking pitches, either.On June 24, 2008, Class-A Peoria pitcher Julio Castillo’s errant, mid-brawl hurl of a baseball toward the Dayton dugout, which struck a fan in the crowd, prompted law enforcement to make a postgame arrest. Castillo wound up being convicted of felonious assault causing serious physical injury and sentenced to 30 days in jail after the fan was diagnosed with a concussion.
Sale of tickets for Sarajevo derby start on Saturday, at sales points on Grbavica and Ferhadija.“The sale of tickets will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. On Sunday, the day of the match, tickets can be purchased from 9 a.m. until the half of the match in front of the Grbavica Stadium. Fans of FC Sarajevo can purchase their tickets for the North Stand only at sales point on Ferhadija. Tickets for the North Stand for fans of FC Sarajevo are marked with a different color and they will not be available for purchase in front of the Grbavica Stadium. We ask the fans to come to the match on time, in order to prevent big crowds,” as announced in a statement from FC Zeljeznicar.The match starts on Sunday, at 3:30 p.m.(Source: klix.ba)