Blogs

Woodside’s GWF-2 project delivers first gas 6 months ahead of schedule

first_imgAustralian oil and gas company Woodside has informed that gas production has started from its Greater Western Flank Phase 2 (GWF-2) Project, offshore W. Australia.Goodwyn Platform / Image by WoodsideWoodside sanctioned the GWF-2 development in December 2015, earmarking $2 billion for the development located in Commonwealth waters approximately 135 km north-west of Dampier.The GWF-2 will develop 1.6 trillion cubic feet of raw gas (2P 100% project basis) from the combined Keast, Dockrell, Sculptor, Rankin, Lady Nora and Pemberton fields using subsea infrastructure and a 35 km, 16” pipeline connecting to the existing Goodwyn A platform.Woodside CEO Peter Coleman on Thursday said the project has been delivered $630 million below the expected cost of approximately $2.0 billion and six months ahead of schedule.“The project team has done an outstanding job executing and delivering GWF-2, which represents the next phase in gas supply to the NWS Goodwyn A platform, extending the life of the Karratha Gas Plant and contributing to Woodside achieving our targeted production of 100 MMboe in 2020. This success has been achieved by combining the two GWF-2 drilling campaigns, accelerating project work packages and collaborating closely with our contractors.“The capabilities demonstrated on the GWF-2 Project will be carried forward as we embark on our next phase of growth, including our proposed developments of the Scarborough and Browse offshore gas resources.“The Scarborough and Browse projects are part of our vision for the Burrup Hub, which would unlock the future value of the Karratha Gas Plant and Pluto LNG,” he said.The NWS Project participants are: Woodside Energy Ltd (Operator, 16.67%); BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd (16.67%); BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd (16.67%); Chevron Australia Pty Ltd (16.67%); Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd (16.67%); and Shell Australia Pty Ltd (16.67%).last_img read more

The Latest: Indianapolis speedway holds off on race decision

first_imgGreece currently has 331 confirmed cases and four deaths.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Associated Press The Greek Olympic committee says the Olympic flame handover ceremony for the Tokyo Games will take place without spectators in an effort to contain the coronavirus outbreak.The committee says the accreditation cards that had been issued for Thursday’s ceremony at the stadium in Athens where the first modern Olympics were held in 1896 would not be valid.The body’s headquarters will also remain closed from Monday until further notice.The committee canceled the remainder of the Olympic torch relay last week after crowds gathered in southern Greece to watch part of the torch relay in Sparta, where the torch was carried by actor Gerard Butler.Greek health authorities have warned people to stay home, and have shut down everything from restaurants, bars and cafes to public organized beaches, ski resorts, hair salons and movie theaters, in an effort to curb the spread of the virus. The Latest: Indianapolis speedway holds off on race decision March 16, 2020 All six of the remaining teams are based in Russia, where various cities and regions have imposed their own restrictions. Spartak Moscow and Dynamo Moscow played in an empty arena on Wednesday.The KHL said Saturday it was “in consultation with clubs and all relevant authorities to diligently manage the impact” of the virus outbreak.The KHL has not commented on the withdrawals and its website still lists those teams as competing. The next scheduled games between teams which have not withdrawn are Wednesday.___9:55 a.m. Indianapolis Motor Speedway officials say they are holding off on postponing the month of May activities that conclude with the Indianapolis 500 on Memorial Day weekend.The Indy 500 draws crowds in excess of 300,000.“We are aware of the CDC’s interim guidance suggesting the postponement of events involving more than 50 people over the next eight weeks,” the speedway said in a statement released before 6 a.m. local time.“Our priority is to do our part in protecting the public health while still conducting the 104th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge as scheduled on May 24. This continues to be a dynamic situation which we are monitoring constantly in coordination with federal, state, local and public health officials.”___ 10:10 a.m.A second team has withdrawn from the Kontinental Hockey League playoffs because of the coronavirus outbreak.The KHL is widely considered to be the strongest hockey league outside the NHL and is one of the few major sports organizations still operating in Europe.There are now six teams remaining in an eight-club conference semifinal bracket.Finnish club Jokerit withdrew Saturday citing concern for the health of its players and staff. Now Barys Astana says it is withdrawing after authorities in Kazakhstan banned sports events and restricted entry to the country. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditWhatsappLONDON (AP) — The Latest on the coronavirus outbreak’s effect on sports around the world (all times local):___11 a.m.last_img read more

Marcellus, West Genesee wrestlers vie for meet honors

first_img Tags: MarcellusWest Geneseewrestling Eight different members of the Marcellus wrestling team emerged with top-eight finishes from the Dec. 27-28 Kenneth Haines Memorial Tournament at SUNY-Oswego.All of this helped the Mustangs rise to eighth place in a 24-team field with 98.5 points, though it was still well behind the winning 273 points put up by Fulton, the state’s top-ranked Division I (large school) side.No Marcellus wrestler could reach the finals, but four of them got into consolation bracket championship bouts, with Dylan Price earning third place at 138 pounds when he shut out Fulton’s Samuel May 3-0 after a 5-3 semifinal defeat to Niagara-Wheatfield’s Justin McDougald.With multiple wins in their respective consolation brackets, Colin Scherer, at 99 pounds, and Carl Santiarello, at 106 pounds, each finished fourth, with Kyle Brown fourth at 285 pounds, denied a higher finish by Copenhagen’s Josh Freeman in a tight 2-1 decision.Zach Grolling took sixth place at 182 pounds, with Ryan Moses finishing seventh at 138 pounds. Ethan Ciota (113 pounds) and Nate Farino (195 pounds) each had eighth-place efforts.West Genesee was 21st in the Haines meet with 43 points, most of it from Nate Wade, who at 132 pounds blanked Mark Kuhn (Niagara-Wheatfield) 12-0 in the semifinals before a 2-0 defeat to Mexico’s Dean Shambo in the title bout. The Wildcats’ Colin McAvan edged Camden’s Tyler Pelton 1-0 for sixth place at 160 pounds.Taking part in Saturday’s Victor Duals, WG went 2-3, taking defeats to Canandaigua (45-34), Hilton (66-21) and Perry (54-19), but beating the host Victor Blue Devils 60-3 and topping Caledonia-Mumford 60-12.Against Victor, Nate Wade (106) and Colin McAvan (160) gained pins, while against Caledonia-Mumford that pair was joined by Jacob Gonzalez (145 pounds), Preston Elia (182 pounds) and Peter Dwinell (195 pounds) earning falls.Share this:FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditComment on this Story last_img read more