2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove.THE Gold Coast home of a former Queensland politician has changed hands in a multimillion-dollar deal.A local buyer splashed $3 million on the Sanctuary Cove mansion, which was built almost a decade ago by the late Ivan Gibbs and his wife Doris.Mr Gibbs, who died in 2011 aged 83, was a cabinet minister for 10 years and a National Party MP in the Queensland parliament from 1974 to 1989.He represented the Gold Coast seat of Albert, which for many years was one of Australia’s fastest-growing areas. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove.Kollosche Prestige Agents managing director Jordan Williams handled the sale of the Arnold Palmer Drive property.He said the buyer was an architect and had plans to “spruce” the four-bedroom, five-bathroom home up.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa15 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago“I think they’re going to do a pretty impressive renovation on it,” Mr Williams said.“I’m excited to see the end product when they’ve done.” IS THIS ONE OF THE COAST’S QUICKEST SALES? ONE IN FOUR HOMEOWNERS WOULD FAIL NEW MORTGAGE TESTS The single-level house is 843sq m and on a 2484sq m double block.Mr Williams said its size was the selling point for the buyers.“Normally you have 100sq homes (about 929.03sq m) over three to four levels,” he said.The property had been listed under another agency several times between April last year and February this year before Mr Williams took over the marketing. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove. 2227-2228 Arnold Palmer Drive, Sanctuary Cove.“I only had it on the market for a couple of months,” he said.“Both parties are over the moon.”Mr and Mrs Gibbs’ son, Andrew, told The Bulletin in May that while the home held a special place in the family, it was much too big for his mother.He said they built it with entertaining in mind.“They’ve always had a lot of people around for dinner so it was always about that,” Mr Gibbs said.It was also important for his father to have a large study.“He spent a lot of time in the office and on the phone – he was involved in lots of charities too,” Mr Gibbs said.
Yevgeny Yurchenko is the new head of the Russian athletics federation Loading… World Athletics is to decide Thursday whether to start the procedure of reinstating the new-look Russian athletics federation, as well as initiating the process to allow Russian athletes who test clean to compete under a neutral banner at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. High jumper Mariya Lasitskene has attacked Russia’s handling of the doping crisis Russia has been suspended by World Athletics (then known as the IAAF) since 2015 over repeated doping scandals – a ban upheld 12 times – and has been fighting for readmission. The last report by World Athletics’ Task Force, in November, led to its decision-making Council suspending the process of reinstating RUSAF over charges against its officials that they obstructed an anti-doping investigation. The Council also put a freeze on the system of allowing Russian athletes to compete as “Authorised Neutral Athletes”. Those decisions prompted wholesale change at RUSAF, which has a newly-appointed head in Yevgeny Yurchenko.Advertisement Coe, Yurchenko said, “will initiate the process of issuing to Russian athletes neutral status permits for their participation in international tournaments”, with RUSAF’s membership reinstatement with World Athletics “set to be launched”.That promises to be good news for three-time high-jump world champion Mariya Lasitskene, who has been vocal in her criticism of the former RUSAF regime for its handling of the scandal.Lasitskene, pole vault world champion Angelica Sidorova and men’s 110m metres hurdles star Sergey Shubenkov held a meeting with Coe last week, reportedly on relaunching the so-called “ANA scheme”, which allows eligible Russian athletes to compete as neutrals at events.Moscow’s case has been made more complicated after the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) in December imposed a four-year ban from all international sporting competitions on Russia over what it considers a state-sponsored programme of doping, a suspension the country took to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).CAS, the world’s highest sporting court, will now have to decide whether to confirm the WADA ban, or listen to Russia’s case against the sanction. A ruling is not expected before May, with the Tokyo Olympics scheduled to start on July 24, in just 134 days.The International Olympic Committee said CAS had to make a clear-cut decision, with no room for “any kind of interpretation”, over whether Russia was to be banned not just from Tokyo, but also the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing and the 2022 football World Cup in Qatar. Read Also: English clubs could be forced to play behind closed doors todayIn Monaco, the World Athletics council will also discuss the effects of the spread of the coronavirus, with several members, including those from outbreak hotspots China and Italy, taking part remotely by teleconference because of travel restrictions in their countries.The COVID-19 outbreak has already caused the world indoor championships in Nanjing, China, due to be held this month, to be delayed by a year, and the world half-marathon champs in Gdynia, Poland, to be re-scheduled from March 29 to October 17.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldWorld’s Most Beautiful Ceilings That Will Take Your Breath AwayWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?12 Marvel Superheroes When They Were Kids7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A VegetarianThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World15 Celebs Whose Careers Were Thwarted After One Simple MistakeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World? In one of his first conciliatory moves in the stand-off, Yurchenko sent two letters to World Athletics, the first “concerning our cooperation and in regard to scandalous situations, which had left an impact on our relations for many years”. Yurchenko said he had agreed with accusations made by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) against RUSAF on the wrongdoings in the case of high jumper Danil Lysenko, in which “forged documents and false explanations” were provided as an alibi to his whereabouts, as required by anti-doping rules. In January, the AIU, the independent anti-doping watchdog for track and field, recommended World Athletics maintain the exclusion of RUSAF and the freeze on Russian athletes competing under a neutral flag unless it failed to provide evidence in the Lysenko case, which had proved to be a tipping point. – Negative consequences – Yurchenko, who also apologised for the negative consequences from the Lysenko case, said his second letter was sent to World Athletics chief Sebastian Coe.
Promoted ContentPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World12 Iconic Actors Whose Careers Were Stunted By A Single Movie7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black Holes10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThese TV Characters Left The Show And It Just Got BetterInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better11 Greatest Special Effects Movies Of All TimeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way Loading… Wigan’s Leon Balogun has called for the 2019-20 English League season to be concluded. Brighton defender Leon Balogun (middle) Several leagues across the world are currently on hold because of the coronavirus outbreak which has claimed thousands of lives. If football in England is cancelled like that of Belgium, the Latics could escape demotion from the Championship because of their current position on the log. Even at that, the defender whose Latics side sits just two places outside the relegation zone doesn’t want the whole season to be scrapped considering the number of matches remaining. “Well, looking at Wigan at the moment, probably everybody would be kind of happy in terms of why we are not getting relegated,” Balogun told Nigerian comedian Funny Bone during a live Instagram chat.Advertisement “But at the same time, it’s like I feel like I want to continue because there are still like nine or 10 games to go and it would be wrong to stop it. “On the other hand, it feels super weird. I think some teams and most of the teams would need a little pre-season to get ready for the games. “All of us try to stay in shape but obviously, it’s not the same like you are on the pitch training, I can go out for as many times as possible, but I will never have the same match fitness that I gain from training and playing, you know.” read also:Leon Balogun: My Super Eagles’ recall special In his quest to enjoy more action and reignite his career, the 31-year-old defender completed a loan switch to the DW Stadium outfit on Transfer Deadline Day from Brighton and Hove Albion. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
“I think on that wicket, it got lower and slower. When Bumrah has an over up his sleeve, it’s gonna be hard,” Finch admitted. Bumrah’s spell of 3/16 included 18 dot balls and he took 50 wickets in the process, becoming only the second bowler after Ravichandran Ashwin to achieve the feat but Australia got over the line on the last ball.This was the first time India had lost two consecutive T20Is since 2016 but skipper Virat Kohli was not too flustered about the loss, stating that the batting was not up to the mark on this wicket. “In the first innings, we were not up to scratch. The wicket was decent enough till the 15th over. We didn’t bat really well. A low scoring game is always on the cards in T20 cricket,” Kohli said.Kohli, who became the first player to hit 500 runs in Twenty20 Internationals against Australia, heaped praise on Bumrah and the bowlers. The right-hander also praised KL Rahul’s knock on his comeback and said the team wanted to give Rahul game time before the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. “We want to give Rahul and Rishab more game-time. Rahul played a really good knock and we had a good partnership. Had we gone on, we could have got 150, which would have been a match-winning score on this pitch,” Kohli said.India take on Australia in the second and final Twenty20 International in Bengaluru on February 27. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights Jasprit Bumrah became 2nd bowler after Ravichandran Ashwin to take 50 T20I wickets.Australia registered their second T20I win against India in India.Glenn Maxwell and KL Rahul hit fifties for their respective sides. New Delhi: The Vizag Twenty20 International between India and Australia was a roller-coaster journey. KL Rahul slammed 50 but Nathan Coulter-Nile picked up 3/26 as India managed just 46 runs in 10 overs to finish on 126/7. In response, Australia started badly but a brilliant stand of 84 between D’Arcy Short and Glenn Maxwell got Australia back in the game. Maxwell struck a brilliant 56 off 43 balls but once he fell, the game swung in India’s balance. Pat Cummins and Jhye Richardson held their nerve and Australia won the clash by three wickets off the last ball to take a 1-0 lead in the two-match series. Speaking after the end of the match, Australia skipper Aaron Finch lauded the efforts of Maxwell.“Maxwell played a hell of an innings on a difficult pitch. The run-outs did not help,” Finch said. Maxwell countered the spinners well, launching Yuzvendra Chahal for a four and a six to get going and also hammered debutant Mayank Markande over long on for his second six. The right-hander negotiated Krunal Pandya but once he fell for 56, Bumrah pounced on the opening and bowled brilliantly in the death overs. In the 19th over, Bumrah took two wickets and conceded just two runs to finish with 3/16.
BtoBet refines African SMS payment options with Tola Mobile August 20, 2020 Share Altenar: Supporting expansion plans in Denmark and Portugal August 20, 2020 MoneyMatrix boosts wire transfer options by integrating Klarna’s Sofort August 24, 2020 As Friday’s draw concluded and the World Cup began to take shape, fans were left pondering a mouthwatering clash between Spain and Portugal, renewed optimism in the Three Lions and a slightly surreal tournament opener. Gareth Southgate’s England were handed a favourable start to the tournament, taking on Tunisia and World Cup debutants Panama in the opening two games. Southgate will be hoping that his side have already booked a place in the last 16, when the Three Lions face a Belgium side littered with Premier League stars in an intriguing final group game. England are currently 7/5 to top Group G and are as short as 1/4 to qualify from the group. The expectation doesn’t stop there, as since the draw was made, England’s odds of winning have been slightly trimmed from 18/1 to just 16/1.Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “World Cup fever is beginning to build after this afternoon’s draw, and the odds are suggesting Southgate’s boys have a great chance of going far. The footballing Gods have also set up a potentially huge quarter-final with Germany, where England will be looking to exact revenge for 2010.”Arguably the most tantalising game of the group stages comes from Group B, where 2008 World Champions Spain take on current European champions Portugal, in a clash that Portuguese defender Jose Fonte described as “a big rivalry.”A sub-plot from Group B is the appearance of Iran manager, Carlos Queiroz who boasts a managerial pedigree better than most at the tournament, Queiroz not only had two stints in charge of Portugal, but also spent time as Real Madrid manager and as Alex Ferguson’s assistant at Manchester United. His organised Iran side and an underestimated Morocco could cause Portugal and Spain problems in this group. Meanwhile the ambitions of hosts Russia will have been heightened by being placed in a group with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Uruguay. Subsequently meaning the game that will open the tournament, will be a rather underwhelming one between Saudi Arabia and Russia. Furthermore, given the attacking prowess of Edinson Cavani, Luis Suarez, Mohamed Salah’s Russia may well perceive the tournament opener to be a must-win game if they have any aspirations of getting through the group. Group F is the arguable group of death, made up of reigning World Champions Germany, Mexico, South Korea and Italy’s conquerors, Sweden. Whilst it’s widely expected that Joachim Low’s Germany won’t have too many problems winning this group, ties and against Mexico and Sweden will certainly provide a good test of just how feared the side ranked number one in the World should be.Guiding Brasil towards World Cup glory would be incredibly beneficial to the World’s most expensive player Neymar, who appears to be on a mission to steal the Ballond’Or from the clutches of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Those burdened with the unenviable task of being in the same group as the tournament favourites are, Costa Rica, Switzerland and Serbia, all of which are likely to be fighting it out for second spot in Group E.Brasil’s arch rivals Argentina looked anything but convincing in qualification, only sealing a place at the tournament because of a magical performance from Messi in the final group game against Ecuador. Jorge Sampaoli’s team will have to improve in order to come through a tricky group with an Iceland side that continue to defy the odds, Nigeria and the always dangerous Croatia. Being in a group with a much fancied France side desperate to go a step further in this tournament then they did at Euro 2016, means Peru, Denmark and Australia are all destined to be desperately vying to claim second place in Group C.Group H possible throws up the most evenly matched group, with a Columbia side that’ll benefit immensely from James Rodriguez playing regularly at Bayern Munich. His club-mate, Robert Lewandowski will be hoping to fire Poland into the knockout stages, even if it looks unlikely he restricts their success in the Bundesliga, Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa will be hoping he can help Japan find success in this group, whilst Senegal will be heavily reliant on Liverpool’s Sadio Mane if they’re to have any success in Group H.___________________The World Cup will be a key topic at the ‘Betting on Football 2018’ (#bofcon2018) conference. To find out more about both events click on the banner below. Share Related Articles Submit StumbleUpon
PORTLAND — Seven years after the start of planning, the height of a proposed Columbia River Crossing is still up in the air as planners face a permit deadline for the new Interstate 5 toll bridge between Portland and Vancouver. Engineers are redesigning the bridge to increase the clearance for ship and barge traffic.Changing the height affects other aspects of construction such as highway grades, size of onramps, and even flight plans for Vancouver’s Pearson Field. In addition, construction costs increase with the height of the bridge.Planners must settle on a height before the Jan. 30 deadline to file the permit application with the Coast Guard, The Oregonian reported Tuesday.In March, after $140 million had been spent during seven years of planning, the Coast Guard said the proposed 95-foot clearance was too low and would block some ships or loads carried on barges.The Coast Guard must approve the height of bridges on navigable waterways. Planners have been analyzing possible bridge clearances, calculating effects and costs at each increment. They’re narrowing in on a decision of 115 or 116 feet, the newspaper said.