Earlier this month, President Duterte urged the Senate and the House to pass the national budget by December to avoid what happen to this year’s budget, which was four months delayed. Lawmakers are pushing back their target date for the approval of the final version of the P4.1-trillion national budget for 2020 by at least one day after senators asked for more time to review the fiscal plan. “If there were no hitches, the Senate can ratify the bicameral version of the 2020 national budget on Wednesday or even on Tuesday,” Sotto added. MANILA – The Senate and the House of Representatives is about to beat President Rodrigo Duterte’s deadline of submitting the ratified version of the 2020 national budget by December. Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III also said they eye approving the final version of the budget on Wednesday at the latest “if [there are] no hitches.” Senate Finance committee chairman Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara said Monday that about 90 percent of the conflicting provisions of the two chambers of the Congress in next year’s budget were reconciled. “We are approximately 90 to 95% reconciled with the House,” Angara said. “Sen. [Panfilo] Lacson’s proposals like placing some limits on administrative costs and having the possibility of greater local projects have also been adopted in some form in the budget provisions.” Duterte was only able to sign the 2019 budget into law in April after the Senate and House took time to transmit the signed enrolled copy of the bill over disagreements on lawmakers’ insertions./PN According to Angara, the Senate and House contingents for the bicameral conference committee on next year’s national budget are about to meet again on Tuesday to iron out the remaining disagreeing provisions.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on January 29, 2015 at 12:07 am Contact Liam: email@example.com Leigh Ross expected Nicole Lundstrom to be her catcher for four years.But when she transferred to Providence in the offseason, Ross, the SU head coach was faced with the task of replacing arguably her best offensive weapon.This year, she’ll do that by turning to a two-catcher rotation of sophomore Alyssa Dewes and senior Julie Wambold. They’ll take over responsibilities behind the plate and fill the void offensively.“As a coach you never know what’s going to come up,” Ross said “… and so I’m asking the two of them to play important roles for us.”Lundstrom was the Orange’s starting catcher in her freshman season, ranking first on the team in at-bats (154), second in runs batted in (32), third in runs scored (29) and fourth in batting average (.312). Ross said the team would miss her bat, but also said that Dewes and Wambold are more than capable of filling the void.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textDewes and Wambold hit .307 and .309, respectively last season, however, neither played an inning at catcher. While replicating Lundstrom’s power will be hard to do, both players were regulars in the SU lineup last season. Their offensive contributions were enough for Ross to expect them both to be in the lineup no matter who is behind the plate.Ross said the starting catcher would be determined game-by-game and would see how it played out from there. Dewes and Wambold both believe the change in position is only making them work harder.“We push each other to do better,” Dewes said. “Watching her work and get after it in practice only makes me want to do the same. I don’t think we’re competing with each other.”Defensively, the transition for both players hasn’t been as tough as it would be teaching the position to someone for the first time. Dewes and Wambold both played catcher in high school so there is a level of familiarity.Dewes was a catcher throughout her childhood and high school and even was originally recruited to play catcher. Ross described Wambold as an “all-around athlete” who also caught a little bit in high school.She receives “quietly and smoothly” behind the plate, Ross said, having great hands and a quick release. Those physical tools match well with the experience and confidence she brings to the table as a senior. Dewes, though a sophomore, has the stronger arm.“Having two great catchers is going to be great this year. They each do something different really well behind the plate and in the way they handle pitchers,” pitcher Lindsay Larkin said. “Every pitcher is comfortable with both of them calling a game.”The catchers have been working on lots of drills to improve on blocking loose balls, framing pitches and picking runners off base.The most improvement Ross has seen has come from live bullpen sessions where Dewes and Wambold have been developing chemistry with the team’s pitchers. She is encouraged by what she’s seen, despite the fact that neither has caught in a game for SU before.“It’s like riding a bike,” Wambold said. “It doesn’t take much to get back in the swing of things. Just lots of reps.” Comments
15Mar Rep. Hauck bill addressing drone use passes House committee vote The House Committee on Communications and Technology this week advanced a bill proposed by state Rep. Roger Hauck of Union Township as part of a larger legislative package establishing needed state guidelines for drones.Hauck’s bill, House Bill 5495, highlights facilities where use of unmanned aircraft systems will be prohibited under state law. The language refers to knowingly and intentionally interfering with “key facilities” as defined in the Michigan Penal Code, including manufacturing plants, electric or natural gas utilities, correctional sites and telecommunication facilities. Companion legislation sponsored by state Rep. Jim Lower of Cedar Lake offers a sentencing guideline making intentional drone interference with a key facility up to a four-year felony.“Over time, improved education will lead to more educated use,” Hauck said. “My bill allows for a lot of prosecutor discretion because of how new this technology is. Knowledge and intent will be two big things within that discretion. A surveyor who flies a drone over a highway or high voltage power line may not know that he is breaking a law. This proposal improves safety, offers clear deterrents for bad actors, grants leeway for hobbyists and puts rules on the books that can be better recognized and accepted the longer we have this technology.”A 2016 Federal Aviation Administration report estimated 2.5 million drones were being operated nationwide for a variety of purposes, including hobbyist and commercial. That number could grow to a projected 7 million by 2020.A 27-member Unmanned Aircraft Systems Task Force, appointed by Gov. Rick Snyder, began work in April 2017 to develop statewide recommendations on the operation, use and regulation of unmanned aircraft in Michigan. The bills offered largely reflect the task force’s policy recommendations.“There needs to be some definition here where the letter of the law could be clearly identified regarding drone usage,” Hauck said. “There are a lot of hobbyists and recreational drone users and not a lot of education or information on where you can and can’t use them.”The bills within the package, HBs 5494-98, advance to the House floor for further consideration.PHOTO INFORMATION: State Rep. Roger Hauck, of Union Township, provides testimony in support of House Bill 5495 before the House Committee on Communications and Technology on Feb. 13. Hauck’s legislation is part of a bill package aiming to regulate unmanned aircraft at the state level. Categories: Hauck News,News
Lorenz GlatzFormer Kabel Deutschland chief technology officer Lorenz Glatz has joined the board of data analytics specialist Guavus.The company said that Glatz’s appointment is part of its on-going commitment to advance progress for the cable industry, following its strategic investment injection from Liberty Global and the launch of the latest version of Guavus Service Reflex 3, its analytics engine that combines network operations, care operations and field operations.Guavus has also joined the SCTE Standards Programme, where it will collaborate and help shape the future of industry-wide standards for the deployment of network maintenance, service assurance and customer experience management solutions. The company will work with SCTE to ensure that big data analytics products and data assets are available to further initiatives such as the Energy 2020 programme, the Network Operations Subcommittee (NOS) and the Special Working Group on Readiness for DOCSIS 3.1.“I see tremendous promise in Guavus’ products. They have pioneered a new category of service operations analytics that allow enterprises to not only correlate the impact network events have on service quality, but to take action in real-time to positively affect customer experience. This holistic approach, which can be applied to virtually any industry, is exactly what businesses need to compete, grow and succeed in today’s rapidly changing market,” said Glatz.“We are fortunate to have a Board of Industry Advisors that are so effective and engaged and are now privileged to welcome Lorenz to the team,” said Anukool Lakhina, CEO and founder of Guavus.“His expertise and guidance will be instrumental as we continue to extend into new markets around the world and to pioneer new products that allow the cable industry to exceed customer expectations across multiple channels, increase profits and rapidly bring new offerings to market.”
It states that police have submitted a file on an additional suspect who has been reported to the PPS by the PSNI.The letter says: “The suspect is not a soldier and is not alleged to have shot any civilian. The file relates to alleged Official IRA activity on Bloody Sunday.”In 1969, the IRA split into the Official IRA and the Provisional IRA.The Bloody Sunday Inquiry, led by English judge Lord Saville, was the longest and most expensive in UK history.During the inquiry, former members of the Official IRA – giving evidence anonymously – said the organisation had shot at soldiers very early on in retaliation for the shooting of two of the protesters.They denied that the organisation had fired first on Bloody Sunday.The letter from the PPS reveals that the republican suspect under consideration, will be subject to the same test for prosecution as the soldiers.It also states that they understand that the police are preparing another file on a second person over the activities of the Official IRA, and that file will be based on statements due to be made by some people who have previously not given statements to the PSNI.The PPS is also examining eight further files on Bloody Sunday but adds that the file on the Official IRA suspect is brief and should not take a great deal of time to consider.But, overall, the introduction of the new material will mean that they will not be able to move towards a decision for another six months.A spokesperson for the PPS told BBC Radio Foyle that they have provided regular updates to all the families over the Bloody Sunday case and the PSNI, in the last year, provided about 35 files of material.The PPS added that its focus is on completing examination of those files and all relevant legal issues.It confirmed that one further suspect has been added and another report is expected. But, they don’t believe this will add significantly to the timescale for their decision.The Ministry of Defence said that due to ongoing legal proceedings it was inappropriate to comment.The PSNI confirmed it had sent a number of files to the PPS.OFFICIAL IRA MEN MAY FACE PROSECUTION OVER BLOODY SUNDAY was last modified: September 29th, 2017 by John2John2 Tags: THE Public Prosecution Service is considering bringing charges against former members of the Official IRA for their role in the events of Bloody Sunday.The PSNI has forwarded a file to the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) on one former IRA member and is understood to be preparing a file on a second.Thirteen people were shot dead when the Army’s Parachute Regiment opened fire on civil rights demonstrators in 1972. ShareTweet LORD SAVILLEOFFICIAL IRA MEN MAY FACE PROSECUTION OVER BLOODY SUNDAYPPSPSNI Another died of his injuries some months later.The details have emerged in a letter sent by the PPS to relatives of Bloody Sunday victims on 19 September.It outlines why it will take at least another six months to come to a decision on whether or not to bring possible charges, including murder against former members of the British Parachute Regiment.But the possibility of prosecutions against republicans for their activity on the day has also been raised.