Red Bull has demoted Russian driver Daniil Kvyat and replaced him with Max Verstappen for the rest of the Formula One season, starting from next week’s Spanish Grand Prix.The 18-year-old Verstappen’s promotion from feeder team Toro Rosso comes after Kvyat twice barged into Sebastian Vettel’s car in Sunday’s Russian Gran Prix, knocking him out of the race on the first lap.”Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent. His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing,” Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said in a statement. “We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams.”Kvyat was also involved in another incident with Vettel at the Chinese GP and his demotion to Toro Rosso – where he drove in the 2014 season – appears to be a reprimand. Vettel spoke with Horner, his team principal when Vettel and Red Bull won four straight drivers’ and constructors’ championships from 2010-13, moments after being shunted off the track at Sochi.”(Kvyat) will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential,” Horner said.But it is a big blow to the 22-year-old Kvyat, who was signed to replace Vettel when he left Red Bull to join Ferrari last year.advertisementKvyat finished a commendable seventh last year, = one place ahead of his more illustrious teammate, Daniel Ricciardo, and this season secured an impressive third place at the Chinese GP.But while his talent and his speed are not in doubt, his abrasive, highly risky style of driving has caught the headlines more than his driving.Vettel confronted him angrily after the Chinese GP, where Vettel collided with his Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen after Kvyat tried an aggressive overtaking move on the first corner.Kvyat did not apologize to Vettel, although he did after the Russian GP incident.Verstappen, the youngest driver to make his debut in F1 last season, is touted as a future star of the sport and is under contract until the end of 2017, with Mercedes and Ferrari both reportedly keen on signing him.
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: D.M The possibility of Etihad Airways flying ex Perth is ‘on the radar’ according to the airline’s National Sales Manager, advising CEO James Hogan had discussed probability of operations in a recent meeting.National Sales Manager, Industry, Wayne Borland, speaking at the recent Travelscene NCC conference stated that with recent expansions to its extensive global network, and with new code share flights from Australia, Perth was “still on the list”.As the world’s fastest growing commercial airline, Mr Borland said the company expected to double its size by 2020 with 150 aircraft.“It’s remarkable to see what we’ve achieved in 7 years. We currently have 70 aircraft in fleet, 100 on firm order and 105 options to convert within the next 10 years,” Mr Borland said.Etihad has also been inducted into the growing Quantum programme, allowing Travelscene members to now earn reward points when selling airfares.“As a preferred supplier, we are very happy with how the relationship is developing and the people who are representing your interest and bringing it back to us – from our end it makes a difference because we’re seeing results,” Mr Borland said, speaking of the airline’s relationship with Travelscene.