Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Russian company, Sovcomflot, has withdrawn redelivery notice for Vyacheslav Tikhonov seismic vessel with Polarcus. The vessel, originally named Polarcus Selma, has been on a long-term charter with Sovcomflot since delivery from the yard in 2011. The Vyacheslav Tikhonov is a high ice class 8 streamer vessel suited for 3D XArray exploration requiring cable separations of 160 to 200 meters. It was built to the Ulstein SX133 design and incorporated the Ulstein X-Bow hull. Polarcus will not receive charter hire from 31 May 2020 until startup of a new project anticipated to start in Q3 2020. In December of last year the companies agreed to postpone the redelivery of the vessel until the completion of work which Sovcomflot secured in Asia. The redelivery was expected in Q2 2020, but Sovcomflot decided to withdraw notice of redelivery in light of further project opportunities, after it completed the project in Asia. Redelivery of the vessel is now expected to be following completion of the new project, or alternatively, on short notice if no project is awarded for the vessel in the summer season, the company noted.
Sakho’s appearance for West Ham infuriated many inside the Senegal camp, with Alain Giresse’s side crashing out at the group stage following Tuesday’s defeat to Algeria. The former Metz striker came in for criticism from fans on Twitter and Giresse also questioned how Sakho could possibly have been deemed fit enough to turn out for West Ham. But Allardyce defended the decision after the win at Ashton Gate, revealing Sakho travelled by limousine instead of with the rest of the squad and insists he does not expect his top goalscorer to be banned until the end of the African Cup of Nations, as has been suggested. “I’m not worried at all he could be facing a ban whatsoever,” he said. “We’ve stuck to every rule and regulation in the book by the FA, by FIFA and by UEFA. We have not breached any rules and regulations whatsoever and I have to say I’m extremely disappointed by Senegal’s reaction. “He (Sakho) is coping fine because he has got enough to burn his bridges with, they (Senegal) are falling out with us. “If anything we should be falling out with them but we are not, we are keeping it at a very professional level, like we always do and like I said we have done everything in the rules to comply with what is happening.” Allardyce also confirmed Sakho will travel to Anfield for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League encounter against Liverpool in the same manner he made the trip to Bristol, but his compatriot Kouyate may not be available for selection against the Reds following a late return. The Hammers striker came off the bench to score the only goal in their FA Cup fourth-round victory over Bristol City on Sunday, despite having been ruled out of Senegal’s African Cup of Nations squad with a back injury. And the relationship between club and country could also be soured further after Allardyce said he had struggled to communicate with midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate about his return to east London. The midfielder had linked up with Senegal but Allardyce and West Ham had struggled to contact the former Anderlecht man and arrange his journey home – with Kouyate now expected back later on Thursday. “The other player that we had available has been difficult to find over the last 48 hours,” Allardyce continued. “We know where he is but we have had trouble finding him. If you speak to other managers in the Premier League, if they are honest like I am they will tell you the same story. “We are expecting him back today after chasing him down for the last 48 hours. He could play against Liverpool.” Allardyce played down reports linking both Sakho and fellow summer recruit Enner Valencia with a move to London rivals Chelsea and insists he will not be looking to bring in any other forwards during the January transfer window. “By email, text or phone? How have they sounded us out?,” the 60-year-old replied when asked about reported contact from Chelsea. “The only way it has been sounded out is through the media, certainly not through club to club.” “With us having Andy Carroll, Diafra Sakho, Carlton Cole and Enner Valencia we have more than enough front men to cope with the demand for the rest of the season. In the summer we’ll reassess our aims and the squad but for now we’re fine with the four options we’ve got.” Although a new striker may not be on his shopping list, Allardyce again said he would like to complete a move for Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher. The 30-year-old Scot has been told he can leave Old Trafford on a free transfer and Allardyce remains interested, whilst also confirming a deal is close for Hamilton full-back Stephen Hendrie – although he would not link up with West Ham until the summer. “It is still a possibility. It’s not dead yet, so it still could happen,” Allardyce said of a move for Fletcher. “You have to be patient sometimes. We’re not desperate, as we’ve got several good options in midfield but we want to add to that if we can.” Press Association Sam Allardyce has continued a bitter war of words with Senegal football officials and insists West Ham did nothing wrong in playing Diafra Sakho last weekend.
Walcott missed the best part of a year following a knee injury which wrecked his 2014 World Cup dream, and since then has seen his return hampered by a niggling inflamed groin problem. The 26-year-old has found himself on the fringes of the Arsenal side in recent weeks, often used as an impact player from the bench. Asked if he felt the fallout from his performance with England could hamper his confidence, Wenger replied: “Theo wants to do well, he is sensitive and I am a bit concerned about the damage that (Italy) game can have on his mind.” The Arsenal boss continued: “Theo’s strength is the quality of his movements, he wants to go to get on the end of things, he is not a guy who provides. “It was complicated game for the (England) strikers because Italy defended with three centre-backs, two players in front of the two centre-backs and England played all in there so there was no room, no space. “I don’t think it was the intention of Roy Hodgson to play him there (as a number 10). It is maybe Rooney took the initiative during the game to play higher up and tell Theo to drop back. “I haven’t seen Roy Hodgson in the game standing up to say ‘Walcott, you come and play in midfield and Rooney you go up front’. That is an initiative they took on the pitch.” Wenger, though, has no doubts Walcott will soon be up to full speed once again. “Theo is not fragile mentally, he is strong mentally, but he is disappointed because when you come back you always think you are ready,” added the Arsenal boss, who hopes to extend the player’s contract. “I don’t worry about Theo because he is not completely there yet and I told you that a few times he has been out for a year with a very bad injury and he is coming back.” While he may have full belief in Walcott’s abilities, Wenger concedes players can suffer from a crisis in confidence. “Being exposed like that (to the media spotlight with England), people have a harsh judgement on him that is not deserved because he does well. For me, he is on course to come back, but he is not completely there,” the Arsenal manager continued. “Theo needs patience, he is at the moment not in his best mood. “He is not a fragile type. He has big confidence in himself and he has gone through some difficult periods in his life and he has always come out with strength. “At the moment he is frustrated, but that is normal.” Wenger expects Walcott to bounce back quickly, and could throw him straight into the side against Liverpool on Saturday. “I think he is strong enough. I will see what state of mind he is in,” said the Gunners boss. “We always have a word, if it is a positive experience or a negative experience, you ask how did it go. We always speak about the last game.” Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hopes Theo Walcott’s frustrating night with England in Turin will not leave the forward’s confidence “damaged” over the closing weeks of the season. Press Association Walcott produced a low key display after being handed an opportunity to start up front with Roy Hodgson’s side for the friendly in Turin on Tuesday night. After struggling to receive any real quality service, Walcott later dropped back into the number 10 role behind captain Wayne Rooney and eventually was substituted by Everton’s Ross Barkley early in the second half.