About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Southampton boss Hasenhuttl delighted with Ings formby Paul Vegas8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveSouthampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl is delighted with the form of Danny Ings.Ings has scored four goals in his last three matches in all competitions and Hasenhuttl has been speaking about his form. He stated, “Danny is in really good shape at the moment. He had a really god pre-season, without injuries, and this is the most important thing for him. “That is why he can work so hard at the moment, he has a great workload for the team. “When he has the ball, he has the quality to score, he gets a lot of chances at the moment, which helps us absolutely. “What I like about Danny is he is also open-minded, he is a very positive character for this team and I hope he will continue his run.”
TRENTON, N.S. – Time appears to be running out to find a new operator for a former wind tower manufacturing plant in northeastern Nova Scotia developed with $56 million in provincial funding.In an interview Thursday following a tour of the former DSME Trenton plant, Business Minister Geoff MacLellan said the province would have to make a decision on what comes next by the end of this fiscal year if a buyer isn’t found.“We are coming to a point where we have to make a final decision on this,” said MacLellan.The minister said possible future steps could include finding buyers for the equipment, or in the worst case scenario, liquidating the plant’s assets.“The best case scenario for the Pictou County region and for the government and the province is to find a buyer that would operate this (plant) in its totality,” said MacLellan.However, he wouldn’t speculate on the likelihood of that possibility given the time remaining.“Obviously we are remaining hopeful,” he said, although he couldn’t give specifics on how many business entities had expressed interest in the plant.MacLellan said two years into the receivership process and near the end of a second round of bids, it’s costing the province $150,000 a month to keep the plant in operational shape.The first round of bids was abandoned in late 2016 after the province rejected three, including two of only $1.The plant closed in February 2016 after taxpayers had sunk $56.3 million into the facility. Operations wrapped up less than a month after the province said it wouldn’t put any more public money into a plant that had hoped to develop the capacity to produce 250 wind turbine towers and 200 blade sets per year.The previous NDP government announced in 2010 it had taken a 49 per cent equity stake in the firm, committed up to $59.4 million to the manufacturing plant and predicted 500 jobs would be created within three years.At the time of the closure, DSME told the province that it couldn’t start payment on $36 million in repayable loans.Former business minister Mark Furey said in November 2016 that he didn’t know whether there was an opportunity to recover “any of those losses.”MacLellan said nothing had changed since then.“There’s no conversations I’m having about recovering any of the loans or the investment that was made by the previous government,” he said.The province is the primary secured creditor for the plant.
The project will employ the local labour force and Aboriginal companies as the procurement was done through an Aboriginal set-aside under the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business.Public Services and Procurement Canada is committed to maintaining the integrity of its infrastructure to ensure the safety of Canadians.“Through this project, our government is making the Alaska Highway safer for the community while protecting the environment. The contract demonstrates our commitment to working with communities to create jobs and strengthen the local economy,” said Carla Qualtrough Minister of Public Services and Procurement and Accessibility FORT NELSON, B.C. – Industra-Liard Construction Ltd. of Surrey, British Columbia was awarded the contract for remediation work on the Alaska Highway in the area of Peterson Creek.The Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Public Services and Procurement and Accessibility, announced the awarding following what the government says was an open, fair and transparent bidding process.Through the contract, Industra-Liard Construction Ltd. will clean an abandoned portion of the old highway’s route and will remove non-functional infrastructure, such as culverts, road signs, guide rails and bridges that are no longer safe for the public and also prevents passage of fish in a nearby creek.
Mohali: With Kagiso Rabada’s yorker being the talk of the town, it will be interesting to see how the Delhi Capitals pacer counters the hard-hitting Kings XI Punjab batsmen when the two teams clash in an IPL match here on Monday. Rabada helped the Capitals defend the lowest total (10) in a Super Over in IPL history after the scores were tied at 185 in the allotted 20 overs each. Focus will now be on how the South African paceman would fare against the likes of Chris Gayle, Lokesh Rahul, Mayank Agarwal and David Miller. Both sides are riding high on confidence having won their respective matches on Saturday. In fact, both the teams’ opening batsmen were the architect of their victory. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhWhile Delhi’s Prithvi Shaw (55-ball 99) almost took the team home against Kolkata Knight Riders, Rahul (57-ball 71) finished the job for Punjab against Mumbai Indians. Playing on home turf, Rahul, who had failed in his first two matches, played a controlled innings while Gayle (40) and Mayank Agarwal (43) also chipped in with crucial runs to help Punjab comfortably chase down the 177-run target, set by Mumbai. Gayle was his usual self and batted in the manner only he can as 36 of his 40-run knock came in boundaries and sixes. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced laterRahul has the ability to steady the innings and play sheet anchor’s role and Gayle can puncture opposition camp’s plans to control the run flow, something that Delhi would be worried about. Punjab’s bowling is spearheaded by Mohammed Shami and with other key players such as Andrew Tye and Hardus Viljoen in their ranks, it may not be easy for the visiting batsmen. Moreover, Ravichandran Ashwin-led KXIP would also have the advantage of playing at home and they will look to exploit familiar conditions once again. Delhi though will be desperate to get the momentum going after winning a close game. Chasing 186 to win against KKR, Delhi were set up nicely by Shaw but they failed score six runs from the last over, taking the match to Super Over. However, Rabada’s sensational yorkers in all six balls restricted KKR to just seven runs while chasing 11. Delhi will be hoping not to let that advantage slip. Besides Shaw, Delhi also have the likes of Rishabh Pant, who played a superb knock of 78 to pile up a mammoth 213 against Mumbai Indians in the first match, Shikhar Dhawan, captain Shreyas Iyer and Colin Ingram. They would expect their batsmen come out all guns blazing against Punjab on Sunday.
Mir Afsar Ali has come up with an album ‘Awshomapto’ – a monologue by the poet/author, where he recollects his memories of different endeavours – all of which has a common ground of love.His memoirs of six different phases of life which he had gone through in his lifetime are recorded. The album was released on April 12 in Kolkata. In all the phases, he thinks his main strength – escape refuge – and in the end the place where it all kind of converges in one point is songs and verses by Rabindranath Tagore. Also Read – An income drop can harm brainHere we are connecting these six dots with six expressive Tagore songs in the project. List of songs (In exact order) Bhalobashi Bhalobashi (Koishorer Bhalobasha) Diosho Rojoni Ami Jeno Kar Ashae Ashae Thaki E Parobashe Iboshdo – Biroho (The distance in a relationship) Dekho Sokha Bhul Kore Bhalobeshona – (The labour of love) Chaya Ghonayeche Bonay Bonay(death separates) Megh Boleche Jabo The album stars following people: Male lead – Mir Afsar Ali (story teller) Also Read – Shallu Jindal honoured with Mahatma AwardFemale lead – Jayati Chakraborty (song) Composition and lyrics – Rabindra Nath Tagore Concept and music direction – Ashu Chakraborty Script – Rajib Chakraborty Hindusthan Records, the forerunner to The Indian Record Manufacturing Company Ltd (INRECO), began its journey in the early decades of 1900s. Being the oldest Indian music label in the country, it was evidently popular as the only Indian Music Company. Rabindranath Tagore recorded his first recording with ‘Hindusthan Records’ and encouraged his disciples to record as well. The music label has the top recording artists of the past hundred years including K L Saigal, S D Burman, Debabrata Biswas, Subinoy Roy, Pankaj Kumar Mullick, Amar Pal, Kanika Banerjee,Pannalal Bhattacharjee, Mohiner Ghoraguli, Abbasuddin, Gyan Prakash Ghosh, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Kanan Devi, Feroza Begum, Begum Akhtar, Mehdi Hassan, Ghulam Ali and other luminaries. As the format changed, the need of the hour was to take a strategic decision to diversify into the domain of emerging media and technology. INRECO was the first to get into the Digital Domain.
Justin Kluivert is eyeing more playing opportunities at AS Roma after registering his first goal for the clubDespite making just two starts and three substitute appearances for Roma this season, Kluivert has made a positive start to life in Italy and found the net for his new club in their 5-0 win over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League.Now the 19-year-old winger intends to build on scoring his first goal by continuing to give coach Eusebio Di Francesco more reasons to select him.“I’d like to play more games from the first minute and I hope it happens more often in the future,” Kluivert told Fox Sports.“For now, I can’t complain, I feel like I’m growing so much and I feel good at Roma.“I’m trying to come through, but I have great confidence in myself and I’m ready to show my worth.Karsdorp reveals he had too much stress at Roma Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The Dutch defender has been with the Gialorrossi since 2017, but he has not enjoyed his time in the Italian Lega Serie A.“I know it’s easy to go from being a great talent to a player who risks not making it, but for me, it’s not a problem whatsoever. I have to keep proving myself.“However, I know that sooner or later my time will come. I just have to keep training hard, like I’m already doing.”Kluivert had been linked with moves to Barcelona and Manchester United in the summer before making a surprise switch to Roma.💛❤️🐺 #ForzaRoma pic.twitter.com/NruKWgLt74— Justin Kluivert (@justin_kluivert) October 3, 2018
United Airlines Adds Service to Providenciales from Houston this Summer Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp American Airlines flights stuck Related Items:american airlines, tokyo Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppAmerican Airlines on Tuesday (August 18, 2015) started its Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner service from Japan between Tokyo Narita and Chicago O’Hare, its first international 787 service from Chicago. Showcasing the new modern American Airlines, the aircraft features 28 lie-flat business class seats, 48 Main Cabin Extra seats with a further 150 seats in Main Cabin. The aircraft departs Tokyo as flight AA154 at 6.10 p.m. and arrives in Chicago at 4.20 p.m. the same day.Art Torno, American Airlines’ Senior Vice President for International said: “Our Japanese customers are going to love this aircraft when they see the modern interiors we have on board, as part of the more than $2 billion investments in customer improvements we delivering.”Derek DeCross American Airlines’ Vice President, Global Sales comments: “Our goal is for our customers to experience a product that’s better than our competitors and that includes more Japanese speaking staff, better Japanese food options and entertainment. I’m confident that the combination of American Airlines and Japan Airlines makes us a winning formula for Japanese customers.”Arranged in a two-class cabin configuration, American’s 787-8 features 28 fully lie-flat Business Class seats arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration. The custom-designed forward-and rear-facing seats provide direct-aisle access for every Business Class customer for more mobility throughout the cabin and comes equipped with satellite Wi-Fi capability to keep customers connected while traveling internationally. The premium cabin also features inflight entertainment selections on a 16 inch HD Panasonic touchscreen monitor positioned in each seat with up to 250 movies and 180 TV programs. Business Class customers will also be offered Bose® QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones and ear buds. Each seat is equipped with universal AC power outlets and a USB jack.The Main Cabin has 48 Main Cabin Extra seats in a 3-3-3 configuration, offering customers up to six inches of additional legroom plus 150 Main Cabin seats also arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration. Every seat offers a 9-inch HD Panasonic touchscreen monitor with an assortment of movies, TV programs, games and audio selections. Each Main Cabin seat is also equipped with universal AC power outlets and a USB jack.Other advanced features on the Dreamliner include larger dimmable windows, improved cabin humidity and improved sound quality. American’s 787-8s will also feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments for customers traveling in the premium cabin. Currently American has placed firm orders for 42 Boeing 787 aircraft, with the fleet becoming even younger, more modern and more efficient as additional aircraft are delivered into service.American already has the youngest fleet of the U.S. global network carriers, with an average aircraft age of 12.3 years. In 2015, American is taking delivery of an average of two new aircraft per week. Meanwhile, American is in the midst of more than $2 billion in planned improvements to give customers a superior travel experience around the world. Recommended for you US Airways no more, last flight to TCI ‘emotional’
Related Items:#Irma, #magneticmedianews, NEMA Two babies born at hospital during Irma Minister of Works puts government buildings reconstruction post hurricanes at $8.6m Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, September 1, 2017 – Nassau – There are all sorts of predictions and forecasts out there now related to horrible looking Hurricane Irma, which is doing what forecasters had said she would which was fluctuate in strength. Still, #Irma who was at Category 2 strength at news production time is a strong hurricane which has many of the islands of the Caribbean in her crosshairs.The Bahamas National Emergency Management Agency issued some practical tips today in order for residents to be ready for the storm which looks like it will impact The Bahamas in some way and they include having your storm shutters ready or up, estimate one gallon of water per person per day with a supply to last 3-5 days, get your canned goods, ie non perishable items… best to have your paper plates and utensils, which you can use and then toss.Blankets, pillows, first aid kit, medications, flashlight and batteries all make the list. You should get toiletries, ladies those feminine products are like gold during and after a storm plus for all of us, you want to seal your documents and identify the location of the nearest storm shelter.#NEMA in concert with the University of The Bahamas is advising residents to be ready before the storm. There are still no watches or warnings in effect due to Hurricane Irma which is located near latitude 18.5 North, longitude 37.8 West. Irma is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph.A turn toward the west is expected by tonight, followed by a turn toward the west-southwest on Saturday. Maximum sustained winds are near 110 mph with higher gusts. Fluctuations in strength, up or down, are possible during the next few days, but Irma is expected to remain a powerful hurricane through the weekend.#MagneticMediaNews CARICOM and UK reach out to Bahamas PM
Woman shops in a supermarket in Doha. Photo: ReutersThe government of Qatar took the United Arab Emirates to the United Nations’ International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Monday, accusing it of human rights violations as a result of a boycott enacted last year.The UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt imposed a boycott on Qatar in June 2017, severing diplomatic and transport ties with the tiny, rich state, accusing it of supporting terrorism.Doha denies that and says the pressure is aimed at stripping it of its sovereignty.“As set forth in detail in Qatar’s application to the International Court, the UAE led these actions, which have had a devastating effect on the human rights of Qataris and residents of Qatar,” the government said in a statement.UAE’s minister of state for foreign affairs, Anwar Gargash, in a post on Twitter, dismissed the claims as another of Doha’s “lies.”The Qatari government said the UAE enacted a series of measures that discriminate against Qataris, including expelling them from the UAE, prohibiting them from entering or passing through the UAE, ordering UAE nationals to leave Qatar, and closing UAE airspace and seaports to Qatar.Qatar said it believed the actions were in violation of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD) – including discrimination on the basis of nationality – of which the UAE and Qatar are both signatories.Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt are not signatories of the CERD convention.The complaint filed by Qatar late on Monday, accuses the United Arab Emirates of discriminating against Qataris in UAE by limiting their freedom of speech and movement, inciting hatred against them, shutting down local offices of Qatar’s state-funded Al Jazeera television station and blocking transmission of Qatari media outlets.Qatar is asking the court to order the UAE to take steps to comply with its obligations under the CERD, ceasing and revoking the measures and restoring the rights of Qataris.It also requested that the UAE make reparations, including compensation, but provided no details of the amount it might be seeking.The court’s registry confirmed late on Monday it received the complaint, the first step in a dispute which the court may hear. The court typically solicits opinions from both sides as to whether it has jurisdiction before considering the merits of a case, a process that often takes years.
Map of RajshahiTwo minor boys drowned in a pond at Hatramchandrapur Dangipara in Paba upazila on Tuesday.The deceased are Rony Ahmed, 5, son of Lokman, and Piarul Islam, 6, son of Belal of the village, reports UNB.Paba police station officer-in-charge Abul Kalam Azad said Rony and Piarul had remained missing since afternoon.After a hectic search, locals found their bodies floating in a pond near their house and recovered the bodies.An unnatural death case was filed in this connection.