00:00:00 | 00:00:00::Projekktor V1.3.09 A man appeared in the backyard of an Ancaster couple around 9:30 on Saturday morning with a camera.The homeowner, Teri-Lyn Unsworth, was nursing her three-week daughter Payton, when her husband Trevor spotted a man out the window in street clothes, with a camera.“Absolutely certain that he was taking photo’s of my wife breastfeeding in this back window,” he says.Trevor confronted the man who said that he is a bylaw officer with the city. He was there to inspect drainage during a rain storm. They had met the man before, two months earlier, and he did inform them that he would be inspecting drainage in the area. But on Saturday he was not in uniform, nor did he announce his visit.“He told us he had the ability to go, wherever he chose. So in his mind he had the right to be on our property without notifying us.”The man soon left and Trevor called the police, filed a report and says that they are planning to press charges. The couple just had their first child three weeks ago, and Teri-Lyn is now afraid to be home alone.“Even though he didn’t come into the house, he was just in the backyard, for me, that’s something that scary because i’m on mat leave, and my husband is away working every day, so it’s just me at home.”They also lodged a complaint with the city supervisor as well as contacting their member of council. Councillor Lloyd Ferguson e-mailed the couple today saying:“We all believe that the inspector should have knocked on your door before coming into your backyard even though he has the right to. We will be tightening up our polices to make it a requirement that an attempt to notify a property owner by knocking on the door will be a requirement before entering private property.”The city of Hamilton by-law says that an officer has the right to enter and inspect if at any reasonable time and upon producing, proper identification, enter upon a property without a warrant for the purpose of inspecting the property.
Toronto Blue Jays fans might be feeling a little bit emotional upon hearing Tuesday’s news that the club traded Kevin Pillar to the San Francisco Giants.So, too, is Pillar himself.The outfielder, who had spent his entire MLB career to date with the Blue Jays organization, fought back tears as he met with reporters Tuesday shortly after the deal went down and described his “mixed emotions” as he digested the news.In return, Toronto is getting back right-handers Juan De Paula, and Derek Law and infielder Alen Hanson.Pillar, 30, had been on the radar of the Giants since the off-season.A defensive stalwart, Pillar has been named a Gold Glove finalist three times in his career. Offensively, however, his bat has never been able to reach the same level as his glove.Last season, he hit .252/.282/.426 with 15 home runs and 59 RBI. In 17 plate appearances to kick off the 2019 season, he’s 1-for-16 with three strikeouts.De Paula is a 21-year-old pitching prospect from the Dominican Republic who recorded a 1.72 ERA in 52.1 innings pitched last season in low-A and single-A ball, combined.Law has been bouncing between the triple-A level and major-league level for the past three seasons and in 109 big-league appearances the 28-year-old has a 3.83 ERA with 97 strikeouts and 31 walks.Hanson, 26, hit .252/.274/.425 last season, in 310 plate appearances with the Giants last season.“I think in some weird way, it’s a little bit of relief. It’s definitely an emotional time for me and my family,” said Pillar, who’s had to deal with plenty of questions during the lead-up to this season after his name began appearing in trade speculation with increasing frequency.“I’m definitely excited, though. Location-wise, I think aside from maybe going back to L.A. or Arizona, where I live, being on the west coast is going to be a pretty cool opportunity for me to be a lot closer to my family,” he said.Pillar, a native of West Hills, Calif., was tearful as he explained what makes his departure from Toronto particularly emotional for him.“It’s all I’ve ever known,” he said of his time with in Toronto. “You know, you spend a lot of time here. You spend more time here than you do in your home in the off-season. I spend more time with people here than I do with my own family. That part of it’s hard.”WATCH: Kevin Pillar gives emotional goodbye to Blue Jays fans OFFICIAL: We’ve acquired INF Alen Hanson, RHP Derek Law and RHP Juan De Paula from the @SFGiants in exchange for OF Kevin Pillar. pic.twitter.com/rq5c1Vu58M— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) April 2, 2019 That time included a pair of thrilling playoff runs in 2015 and 2016 that captured the entire nation, with Pillar solidifying his status as a fan favourite thanks in large part to his diving catches that earned him the nickname “Superman.”“I got a chance to live my dream,” he said, thanking the organization that drafted him in the 32nd round in 2011. “I got called up as a 24-year-old kid that probably had no intentions of getting to the big leagues, was able to have my debut here in Toronto as a 24-year-old kid and I’m leaving here as a 30-year-old man with a wife and a kid and a lifetime of memories.“This city and this country allowed me to almost become a mythical kind of superhuman baseball player, and I can’t thank them enough for that,” he said.Looking ahead to his new team, Pillar said he’s ready to learn from his new teammates and veteran manager Bruce Bochy.“I’m very fortunate I’m going to a first-class organization,” he said. “I’m very excited to play under Bochy for his last season, get a chance to pick his brain a little bit.”WATCH: Blue Jays General Manager Ross Atkins speaks about the trade
← Previous Story HBC Nantes deny Maqueda transfer to RK Vardar Skopje! Next Story → Unexpected rivals – Sweden and Iceland to play 6 days before WCh 2015 Qatar 2015Saudi Arabia handball The IHF Council Meeting in Herzogenaurach (GER) on 21 November had to deal with the withdrawal of Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates from the 2015 Men’s World Championship.The IHF Council considered that the two letters of withdrawal were final and, as a consequence did not consider any further correspondence from these two National Federations.The IHF Council decided to impose a financial fine of CHF 100,000 on each of the two National Federations for withdrawal after the championship draw.The IHF Council, confronted with the issue of determining substitute nations, decided on awarding the free positions to the continents of Asia and Europe.On the basis of continental results the Asian Handball Federation nominated the team of Saudi Arabia and the European Handball Federation nominated Iceland as participants in the 2015 Men’s World Championship in Qatar.The teams of Iceland and Saudi Arabia were drawn by the COC Chairman in front of the IHF Council to group C (ISL) and group D (KSA) respectively on the positions of the two teams who had withdrawn.