Blogs

TCI Police pushing forward with investigations and cracking down on crime

first_img Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #TCIpolicecrackdownoncrime Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, November 16, 2017 – Providenciales – It is a crack-down on crime as the TCI Police release their strides in a number of investigations, known and unknown to the general public.   On Wednesday, we learned from a Police report that a 34-year-old Provo man is arrested for attempted murder in an over seven year old murder case, according to information from the TCI Police.    The man was on Tuesday taken into custody for the murder attempt and suspicion of robbery.An 18 year old Provo man was arrested for handling stolen goods, burglary, stealing a vehicle and possession of marijuana in early October.    A 40-year old Grand Turk man was slammed with 30 charges – 10 forgeries, 10 thefts and 10 counts of uttering false documents as a result of two complaints in October; the man has since been charged and granted bail.  Plus, in a matter from last week Tuesday – a 17 year old and a 22 year old were charged with possession of marijuana and have been granted bail.Another young man, in a separate matter was charged with burglary and granted bail; the case involving the 25 year old stems from a report made on October 13.Police also say their Financial Crimes unit made an arrest of a man on Friday past who is accused of uttering forged documents in connection to a report made on August 4, 2017.    The man is said to be of Nassau, Bahamas and is presently on $50,000 bail.#MagneticMediaNews#TCIpolicecrackdownoncrime Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Defense Bill Advances toward Threatened Veto

first_img Dan Cohen AUTHOR Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) filed cloture Thursday on the conference report for the fiscal 2016 defense authorization bill, setting up a procedural vote to limit debate most likely on Tuesday.Earlier on Thursday, the House adopted the conference report for the legislation, H.R. 1735, but not with enough votes to override a threatened veto of the bill by President Obama. House members voted 270-156 to advance the conference report, with Democratic opposition sufficient enough to sustain a veto. The House would need a two-thirds majority — at least 290 votes — to override the promised veto from the president.While the Obama administration opposes numerous provisions in the compromise legislation — including its failure to approve a BRAC round in 2017 and restrictions on closing the prison at Guantánamo Bay — the most significant objection stems from the measure’s reliance on DOD’s overseas contingency operations (OCO) account to sidestep the Budget Control Act spending caps.The bill would authorize $612 billion in national security spending, the same amount the White House requested. The measure leaves the discretionary budget caps in place, and authorizes only $496 billion for DOD’s base budget. To make up the shortfall, it shifts $38 billion in operation and maintenance funds from the base budget to DOD’s OCO account, which is not subject to the caps. The bill would authorize a total of $89 billion for that account.The White House has demanded that Congress lift the caps on both defense and non-defense spending, and return the $38 billion to DOD’s base budget.Much of the debate prior to the House vote focused on the veto threat, which Republicans criticized given that the total amount of spending authorized under the bill equals the administration’s budget request, reported CQ.“Frankly whether you call it base funding, OCO funding or pumpernickel it doesn’t matter. It is money that goes to the troops,” said House Armed Services Chair Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), who accused the White House of “playing politics.”The committee’s ranking Democrat, Adam Smith (Wash.), acknowledged the legislation was “by and large a good bill,” but said the GOP budget framework evaded the larger issue of the discretionary spending caps.“Is this good for our country? Is it good for our troops?” Smith said. “I don’t believe that it is.”last_img read more

Miley Cyrus ignoring her beaus calls

first_imgSinger Miley Cyrus has been reportedly ignoring her boyfriend Patrick Schwarzenegger’s phone calls since he returned from his spring break in Cabo.“Patrick has been trying to reach Miley since he’s been back, calling her over and over and she hasn’t been answering his calls,” eonline.com quoted a source as saying.“He’s very upset and is doing everything he can to try resolve things. Patrick is extremely frustrated because he’s been actively trying to be very good and to make this relationship work,” the source added.Patrick was photographed getting cozy with a bikini girl during his vacation. He denied rumours that he cheated on Miley Cyrus.“Omg. It’s one of my best friends girlfriend… Would NEVER do anything against my GF… Girls have guy friends and guys have friends that are girls,” he said speaking against the rumours sparked by their pictures.last_img read more

Can you guess the length of the new worlds longest route

first_img<< Previous PostNext Post >> Share Monday, February 6, 2017 Tags: Qatar Airways DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Qatar Airways has launched the world’s longest scheduled commercial airline route with the arrival of its flight from Doha to Auckland, New Zealand.The Gulf carrier said flight QR920 touched down in Auckland early on Monday after covering a distance of 14,535 kilometres, or 9,032 miles.That is the furthest distance between any two cities linked by direct flights.Qatar Airways’ rival Emirates previously held the record for its route between Dubai and Auckland. That route is more than 300 kilometres shorter.So how long do you think you would be on the plane for? Source: The Associated Press Can you guess the length of the new world’s longest route?last_img read more