Forum Cancellation Leads to Call For Resignation For Mayor AustinJUNE 1ST, 2018 TYRONE MORRIS EVANSVILLE, HENDERSON COUNTY, INDIANA, KENTUCKYAs talks over a possible Deaconess Health and Methodist Hospital affiliation continue drama is surrounding the process. Thursday night, Henderson City Commissioner Robert Pruitt called for Mayor Steve Austin to step down from the Methodist Board of Directors. That came after an informal public forum was canceled. Mayor Austin sits on the board independently from being mayor. He says the 24 member board voted to cancel the forum due to tight nondisclosure agreements.“Disturbing but not surprising both of those people that are bringing up issues about it are running for public office in the next election so I’m sure they are trying to get a little traction with that,” says Austin.Mayor Austin says the forum may be rescheduled once their nondisclosure agreements run out at the end of the month.For now, officials are asking anyone with questions to email them at [email protected] FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Nassau County police are taking an investigation into a string of armed robberies and a related homicide to the streets.Several members of the police brass joined Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano outside a BP gas station in Jericho on Friday to unveil a giant school-bus sized mobile billboard requesting information that will help an army of investigators find the brazen, gun-toting robber, who has targeted at least 11 businesses, mostly gas stations, in Nassau since mid December.“Nassau County Crime Stoppers needs your help!” the billboard blares in large white letters.Crime Stoppers is offering a combined $35,000 reward—$25,000 for the homicide and $10,000 for the robberies—for information leading to the arrest of the suspect.Mangano, standing at a podium in front of the billboard on the gas station’s property, said police are asking the public to help “bring this cold-blooded killer to justice.”The moving billboard will be driven to the areas where the robberies have occurred, police said. Officials hope this effort will breathe new life into the investigation and perhaps attract the attention of individuals who have crucial information regarding the suspect.“This person has struck every day of the week,” said Chief of Detectives Kevin Smith, describing how the suspect operates. “Our resolve is intact,” Smith added. “It’s not diminished. We’re going to catch this guy.”Police officials are hoping the public can help with their cause.“Don’t hesitate” to call, Smith implored.An armed assailant, pictured in these surveillance images, is believed to be responsible for nine robberies and one homicide since December, police said.The suspect, who is still unknown to police, is responsible for 10 robberies in the county, beginning on Dec. 20 last year and continuing into February. The suspect last struck on Feb. 18, stealing cash from a Sunoco gas station on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow.Investigators believe the suspect is also responsible for the fatal shooting of 57-year-old Levittown resident Hany Awad, who was gunned down on Jan. 28 inside the same BP gas station where officials held Friday’s press conference. Police have yet to say what, if anything, was taken from the gas station during the homicide.The suspect is described as a black man between 5-feet, 11-inches and 6-feet tall, with a thin build, wearing all black Nike clothing, a black mask, black gloves, black Nike sneakers with red laces and armed with either a black or a silver revolver. The assailant has hit nine gas stations and two 7-Eleven stores in Westbury, Hicksville, and Jericho. The robbery in East Meadow was the only one committed outside those three neighborhoods.Both the robbery and homicides squads are investigating the crime spree. The Major Case Bureau and Bureau of Special Operations are also assisting in the investigation.Anyone with information regarding these crimes can call Crime Stopper sat 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
First Published: 12th December, 2019 22:35 IST Written By Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto recently revealed that February 11 will be the day when they will launch their new car for the 2020 season. He revealed the plan during Ferrari’s Christmas media lunch at Maranello. Also Read: Formula One: Ferrari Fined 50,000 Euros For Fuel Irregularity On Charles Leclerc’s CarF1 2020: Mattio Binotto reveals Ferrari’s strategy The 2019 Formula 1 season was a big disappointment for Ferrari. Once again, they lost the constructors championship to Mercedes. The Italian outfit failed to build upon their pre-season form in the 2019-20 campaign. After the summer break, they won three races in a row. However, at the end, they came up short yet again. The major takeaway from the season is that they have the best engine and driver Charles Leclerc is taking more pole positions than anyone else.Also Read: Lewis Hamilton To Ferrari? If Yes, What’s Next For Sebastian VettelFerrari reveals date for 2020 F1 car Last Updated: 12th December, 2019 22:35 IST Ferrari Becomes First Team To Reveal Dates For The Launch Of New Car For F1 2020 Season Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto, during Christmas lunch, revealed that February 11 will be the day when they will launch their new car for 2020 season. FOLLOW US SUBSCRIBE TO US WATCH US LIVE COMMENT Binotto said that the team is excited about the launch and they want to do some dyno homologations before going to Barcelona for testing. He said that the team is launching the car on the 11 February 2020 and soon after that, they have got an intense program of bench [testing] before going to Barcelona.Also Read: Red Bull Zero Gravity Pit Stop: F1 Team’s Mind-boggling Performance Creates HistoryF1 2020 testing and season date revealed Teams will have two fewer days of pre-season testing in Barcelona next year. The first of two three-day tests will run from 19-21 February. The second one will run from 26-28 February. The record-breaking 22-race 2020 season begins with the Australian Grand Prix on 15 March.It’ll be exciting to see Ferrari’s new car and observe its performance in the 2020 season. What are your thoughts on the same? Do let us know. Also Read: Michael Schumacher’s Wife Corinna Is Hiding F1 Legend’s Condition, Claims Ex-manager LIVE TV Suraj Alva
APART from a minor blip on Wednesday, Donegal can look forward to another week of warm sunny weather, Met Eireann has said.The national forecaster says the North West will continue to see the best of the weather – with the southern half of the country more likely to see rain and thunderstorms this week.But up here, it will be different. And this is what Met Eireann is predicting:* Monday – dry, sunny and bright with temperatures up to 24C.* Tuesday – more of the same, lighter winds and temperatures up to 21C* Wednesday – sunny spells – with the chance of a thundery shower. * Thursday/Friday – slightly cooler and fresher – but sunny in Donegal with temperatures around 19C. The chance of a bit more cloud.* Next weekend – warm, dry and sunny. Temperatures around 18C to 21C.With 1,655,000 page views last month, get your story seen on Donegal Daily.Send your stories and pictures to [email protected] Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily MET EIREANN: ANOTHER WEEK OF GLORIOUS WEATHER FOR DONEGAL was last modified: May 28th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:MET EIREANN: ANOTHER WEEK OF GLORIOUS WEATHER FOR DONEGAL